Monday, October 02, 2006

Other Highlights

Sticky Date Pudding

Made sticky date pudding last Friday, which may sound insignificant, but considering that it's the first cake I've baked since coming over to Adelaide, I'd say it's quite a milestone :) That's right, my first cake in 6 years. Best thing was, the people who tried it liked it. And the chocolate chip cookies I prepared a few months back were quite alright too.

Since I've always considered myself the master of rubber cakes and rock cookies, I'm actually quite pleased :) Might make a few other attempts later on (and hope I don't poison anyone along the way... :)

~~~

Haircut

Last Sunday, on a sudden whim, I decided to get my hair cut (okay, I'd thought about it before, but hadn't acted on the thought till then. Hey, I CAN be spontaneous. I can. Really... :) So went over to Chinatown to get it cut before heading off to Edge city for the evening service.

It's now short. Very much shorter than before (you should've seen the pile of hair left at the hairdresser :) The interesting thing was, thinking back, I'd also cut my hair around the same time last year, 1 week after last year's Kairos retreat. Heh, a case of history repeating itself? But this time, it had nothing to do with any burnt hair. LaiKuannie loves reminding me of that incident though... Don't laugh, LaiKuan... :)

And it changes slightly each time I wash my hair, so Karen and I often joke that I got a good deal, I've had several hairstyles for the price of one. Haha.

~~~

Eileen's Birthday

One of my few friends in Adelaide who's been here since I started Uni. We had an enjoyable and cozy celebration, devoured lamb shanks and chocolate cheesecake (yum...), and watched the Korean drama 'Only You'.

Eileen has started a hunt for more lamb shanks, Elisa has developed a sweet tooth for chocolate marbled cheesecake, Karen has figured out why she gets frustrated each time she watches that Korean series, and I've had my fill of Japanese roasted green tea :) All in all, was a good time of catching up with them again.

~~~

Repair of the Mitsubishi Magna

The whole episode was so absurd and funny, ask me if you want details of the whole story

Basically, it involved the Magna refusing to start, jumping into a 'runaway' car, getting Dennis to try to jump-starting it, nearly sandwiching him in the attempt, having RAA come 3 times to try jump-starting the car on two different days because of mis-communications (*slaps forehead*... and they knew it couldn't be started by the previous RAA person but insisted on trying again each time anyway), calling RAA to jump-start Raymond's other car, finally getting the Magna towed to Windsor (which is nearly 45 minutes away), then driving it back 2 days later.

One word... Drama... :)

But the starter motor has been fixed, and it's back in service now.

~~~

Yes, it's been an eventful 2 weeks.
But whether it's eventful or not, time will continue to pass on by... as it always has and always will...
So when we look back, and when others look back, what will we see ?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home