Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Kairos

The Kairos retreat last weekend was another unforgettable event this year, filled with many thoughts and memories. However, the past few days have been a flurry of work and activities, and I haven't had much time to post anything. Most of my reflections from Kairos were also too personal to post in a blog... thoughts that, for now, can only be penned in my personal diary.
However, reading Del's blog entry prompted further thoughts, and inspired a short summary of my experiences from the retreat. Since I've got a quick respite between experiments, and althought this summary doesn't quite do it enough justice... it was...


Kairos... an appointed time
of learning,
of fun,
of teamwork,
and building on firm foundations.

A time of good food,
and warm fellowship.
Of paper cups and thunderous clapping,
of laughter,
and tears.

A time of soul-searching,
of honesty,
of truth,
of reflection,
and the Prodigal son's return.

A time of supporting one another,
of prayer,
of accountability,
of dedication,
and commitment.

A time of worship,
of 'Dodge Vipers' and 'dodgy Vipers',
of responsibilities,
of making choices,
and sacrifices.

A time of planning for the generations,
of revelation,
of revival,
of seeing the bigger picture,
and looking ahead.

A time of of sharing,
of lighting the fire,
of speaking into one anothers' lives,
of encouragement,
and reaffirmation.


Okay, so the summary wasn't that short :)

What an intense and eventful weekend... It's also been a weekend where it's been 'Only Him', more than once, and in more ways than one. God's little cryptic reminder for me.

I will choose to stop hiding behind my seat because of my fears and inadequacies, and choose to stand up and step forward. After all, if you don't go backwards, you'll have to worry only about the best way of moving forward. Danny, Gee, Kah Ling, and Shel, I'm shivering in slight trepidation, but also in anticipation of the things that are prepared for us the coming year... let's make this journey together :)

A big thanks to the organisers who planned and put Kairos together, who did this even in the flurry of E-Nite preparations. It truly was for a time such as this.

And now, it's time to get to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shel said...

You're not the only one shivering in trepidation - I am too... Do I dare to look beyond my fears and what-ifs and buts and basically all things me? I'm working on it, trying to use this little time that we still have to prepare, to seek... *deep breath* can't wait to work alongside you next year..

1:35 PM  
Blogger Kuanniewong said...

Kairos, a time of challenging ourselves, a time of stretching out faith, a time of passing on the flame to one another, and on to our hair....HEHEHEHEHEEEEE

sorry ah, Grace, just couldn't help it....

Lai Kuan

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home