Friday, January 27, 2006

Anniversary Letter

Dear Blog (Leaf in the Wind),

Today, we celebrate your first birthday, the official one-year anniversary since you popped into existence.

It's been an eventful year, and this entry marks our 59th post. Admittedly, I haven't written as regularly nor frequently as I'd intended. Sometimes, there wasn't any inspiration to write. At other times, there was just so much to write, but little time to do so because work was just too hectic. There were some months when I wrote only one entry (such as Post E-nite in August), and other months when I wrote more often (like February).

Oh, and did I ever mention that I suspect I'm bi-polar? I think it's been rather evident... :)

We've had a variety of posts, both serious and frivolous, ranging from the longest entry on International students, to the shortest Cheap thrill entry. Some entries were peppered with cryptic remarks, while some were more open and honest. Ah, the privellege of free expression :) ... which still needs to be tempered with discretion (my meagre civic responsibility... :) since you're on a public domain where the posts can be viewed by anyone. And I also wouldn't want to be sued for defamation, nor arrested like the 2 Singaporeans who posted racist remarks on their blogs anyway...

Initially, you were set up with the intention of updating my friends and family with what was going on in my life, as well as to provide a space to pen my thoughts and to vent my frustrations. However, you've become more than that. You provide an outlet to exercise my remaining traces of creativity (amidst the bombardment of convoluted scientific reports, which threaten to smother any surviving fragments of creativity :) We've also had several unexpected visitors, and you've become a place where I've been reunited with old friends, as well as a point of interaction with others.

Also not forgetting that you're still recording my gradual descent into madness, thus providing material for some psychologist's future research on insanity, right? (Any budding psychologists around??) Did I also mention that I suspect I'm bi-polar? And paranoid? And that I've got a short-term memory? But I digress... as usual... :)

Since I haven't written a post for New Year, and Chinese New Year is just 2 days away, we can still celebrate the year that's passed, and look forward to the year ahead. Although you can't provide a physical shoulder to cry on, or to hug in joy... I hope that you'll continue to provide a log as I journey through each stage in my life.


I know that most of the posts are limited by my (lack of) literary skills and (lack of) eloquence. However, I also know that my Author writes a more eloquent, honest, and detailed account of my life in His records :)

Like a leaf in the wind, a transient entity at each destination,
which goes where the wind blows, and goes where no one except the wind knows.

To the year ahead, gan bei [Cheers] ! :)

Your author,
Grace


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hrm...if its a gradual descent into madness, then it wouldn't be bipolar right? probably just a mental disorder known as graduate student insanity. :p - py

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi grace! jueying here!

hmm this psychology graduate certifies you as 100% insane. Heehee. happy CNY! Have fun in Adelaide! All the best on your second year towards Permanent Head Damage! :)

9:14 PM  
Blogger daphne said...

Gracie....

As a 'budding psychologist'- i dont think you sound bipolar! More like the 'effects of lack of sleep" =)

Dont worry, I suspect I'm suffering from...

1) "Obsessive Compulsive personality disorder" Or OCD personality traits..

2) Any anxiety disorder found in the DSM IV or ICD-10.

3) Probably some disorder/s in the "Unspecified condition" in the DSM IV as well.

It is amazing what 5 years of psych can do to you. To think I have 2 more years to go....

*hugs*

11:30 PM  
Blogger Kuanniewong said...

hehehehee.....nothing beats the "Hair-raising" entry yea....ehehehehehehehheehhehe *rolls on the floor laughing*
when you coming back to adelaide arrrrrr??????

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home