Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Today's mail

Received a letter from the Uni in my mail today. Opened it and read the title :

"Flinders Graduate Network Nights - Postgraduate Study"

Thought : Hmm... a function to meet fellow Flinders postgraduate students? So continued to read on...

"...writing to invite you, as a valued Flinders graduate, to attend a special gathering on postgraduate study opportunities at Flinders...
...Flinders offers a wide range of postgraduate courses...
...look forward to discussing options for postgraduate study with you..."

Turned out to be an invitation to enrol in postgraduate studies in Flinders. Erm... so what did they suppose I was doing back in Flinders at the moment? Perhaps they thought I was doing research in the bio labs for fun :)

As usual, the Uni seriously needs to update its databases... Should have suspected something when I saw that it was from the Admissions and Prospective Students Office :) Reminds me of last year, when they sent me a re-enrolment form, instead of a graduation package. Had to run from one building to the other to notify different departments, and repeated the same answers : Yes, I had finished my course... Yes, I had completed my Honours degree... Yes, I was graduating... No, I didn't need (or want :) to re-enrol for another year...

At least that's what I thought back then. Then what did I do? I returned for a PhD... and now I'm back in the labs (What was I thinking?! 1 year of torture during Honours was more than enough, now I've signed on for another 3 years... ? :) Still... yes, God has seen me through it all. It is a blessing to be able to continue with a PhD here, and I'm honestly very thankful for it... I sometimes can't help thinking that doing the PhD is a little masochistic though... torture... sometimes... :)

And now they're asking me if I want to attend a talk to sign up for postgrad studies? Maybe I'll just go for the food, I hear that the stuff they cater is quite good :) Then I'll have to hope I don't run into anyone who knows me (otherwise, I'm Grace's twin sister... that's right, her twin... erm... gracey :)

What's next? Won't be surprised if I get another enrolment package in the mail :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hah~~~is that an open door to get another qualification? kekekke....

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home