Sunday, May 22, 2005

Sleepy absurdity

Just some absurd thoughts I had while waiting for my DNA gel to run...

Something I read on a website :
'People who work in brightly lit environments, such as near a sunny window, are more productive and less distracted than people who work in darker interior spaces, a recent study suggests. Maximize your output by working on tough tasks near a sunny window if you can, or bring in some extra lamps and overhead lighting.'

So... if I wear a hat with a light attached, I'll literally have a 'thinking cap' :)
And maybe... we could convince our supervisor to 'move our work' to the beach (in the name of productivity :)

But, whether or not I'm working near a sunny window, there are so many better ways to be spending a Sunday afternoon than working in the lab. Like catching up on my sleep... argh...

***
And now that my gel has finished running :

Yes! The PCR worked!
So if I ligate the product tonight, and transform cells tomorrow, then I can pick the transformants on Tuesday and let them grow overnight.

Which means I can leave the lab early on Tuesday... which also (and more importantly) means I can join some friends to watch Star Wars III at Marion in the afternoon! Yay! Hahaha *evil diabolical laughter*

And if the 'Dark-Side' actually worked less in the 'Dark', and 'walked more in the Light', then maybe they'll be more productive too... ;)


Okay... definitely signs that I need to get more sleep... :)

-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home