Monday, May 04, 2009

Post-Hiatus

Just a brief update, while I take a short break from work, to put an end to what has become a 6-month long hiatus...

It's been half a year since I last updated, and (as expected :) much has happened during that time. One of the biggest changes has been the move from Adelaide back to Singapore. Even though there have also been a number of challenges along the way, God has been faithful throughout. A month after returning home, I've pretty much settled into life back here, while still fondly missing my friends over in Adelaide :) The process of writing and editing is still going, though, which has been quite a bit of a frustration. But life goes on as well. Celebrated the weddings for 2 pairs of old friends over the two long weekends (Easter, and Labour day), and looking forward to more to come :) Apart from that, life has pretty much consisted of meals, sleep, reading, writing, writing, writing... :) I'm also starting to suspect that my study chair is moulding to the shape of my body, because I've spent far too much time sitting in it at my desk.

Manda has also inspired several ideas for updating this blog, which have had to be shelved until after I finish. Till then, I'll try to update a little more often (at least more than once in 6 months, haha), and perhaps fill in some of the gaps from the past half a year.

On another note, we've had several really beautiful sunsets here over the past few days (like this one from yesterday). I'm thankful for the view from our place, where I could appreciate those brief moments, when the sky was streaked with a rich array of pinks, purples, and blues. A visual reminder of one of His masterpieces, whether it's miles away in Adelaide, or here in Singapore.



"Your word, O Lord, is eternal;
it stands firm in the heavens.
Your faithfulness continues through all generations;
you established the earth, and it endures."

- Psalm 119:89-90



2 Comments:

Blogger honestA said...

oh.. you're back in singapore for good?
must be a tough time packing everything back since you've been in adelaide for so long....

11:20 PM  
Blogger GraceL said...

Yeah, it's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate over one year, let alone several years :)

Was 'fortunate' in a way though, because I had to move several times at the beginning of the year. So, most of my stuff had already been packed away in boxes or 'catalogued', thus I knew what to bring back and what to let go of.

It's been quite a while, how has life back home been for you? :)

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home