Friday, October 03, 2008

Clearing the Dust

Yes, it has (amazingly) been 5 months since I last wrote here.

Now, with the end of this academic journey and life chapter finally in sight, the analogy of a race often comes to mind. Like a runner, I strive to approach the finish line, longing to complete this leg of the race well, and to finally be released to move on to other races or paths. However, one of the frightening things about running in a race is that sometimes, life and everything else may just speed past you far too quickly as well.

There are times when thoughts and ideas for writing in this blog spring to mind, but there's always so much to do and so little time to do them, that I often have little choice but to prioritize... and well, blogging has landed somewhere on the bottom of that list of priorities :)
In the midst of all the busy-ness, it's been tempting to just abandon this site or give up on blogging... and I sometimes also wonder if anyone even reads this anymore, heh.

However, some family and friends have continued to encourage me to write, and I know that they still do occasionally pop by to find out how things are over here.

I'm also reminded that the purpose of this blog was to keep friends and family updated on the things that happen in my life here. Something like peering through a window to my world, especially since some of us are lands or continents apart.

So, I'll continue to update, and continue to blog, although the intensive string of deadlines that loom over me may sometimes limit the frequency and length of my posts... Still, I'll try to put something up every once in a while :)

For now, here's something from a light-hearted moment during one of my short respites...

...

What do you get when you mix 2 stressed and crazy housemates, 1 (poor) toy kitten, a jar of sweets, a camera, and an over
active imagination ?

You end up with
the exploits of Karen's toy kitten, and lots of fun and silly photos :)









Heh.

More posts to come... hopefully :)

"... and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us ... " - Hebrews 12 : 1
.

4 Comments:

Blogger jan said...

welcome back!

11:47 PM  
Blogger The Law said...

Waaaaaaa!
Kawaii!!!!!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha jie the pictures are so you!!!

3:48 AM  
Blogger GraceL said...

Jan, *Hugz* even though we may not get many chances to talk as much nowadays, you're always a treasured friend :)

Hubert, yeah, Karen's cat is so cute, isn't it! And that expression on its face makes us want to tease it even more... haha.

Jer, Karen brought her toy cat into my room while I was eating the jellybeans, and well... I had so much fun taking those photos, we were laughing for the longest time! :)
I've turned into a toy-tormentor, oh no! Haha

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home