Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tag, you're it ! :)

Eli tagged me in one of these memes, and I thought I'd fill it in quickly (yes, I'm updating the blog! haha) ... They've asked for 15 things, but I've posted 10 of them here, since they seem to be rather long. The other 5 have been included in the 'comments' section if you still want to read them (that is, if you haven't fallen asleep while reading this :)


State 15 weird things/habits/little known facts about yourself.

The 10 people I tag are to then follow my footsteps and write their own 15 weird things/habits and little known facts.

1. Coffee has a bizarre effect on me, I once fell asleep during a physics test in secondary school, shortly after drinking my very first can of coffee.
My brain "switches off", and I get groggy after drinking it. Strange, I know :)

2. I enjoy dreaming, because of the vast variety of experiences that I can go through, which I may not be able to have in real life.
And the good thing is, you can survive anything that happens in those dreams, because you can always wake up ;)

3. I used to dislike barbie dolls, and all things pink, because I was rebelling against the stereotype that these were the things which all girls should like.
That was until just a few years ago. Now, I don't have an issue with anything pink... but I still don't like barbie dolls :)

4. When I was young, I sliced some long beans, found half a worm in one of them... and have been paranoid when eating long beans after that.

5. We used to create, program, and compete with robots made from Lego Technic in secondary school, which could get amusing because you could tell people that you 'played with Lego' when they asked you what you did for your ECA (extracurricular activities).

6. I joined the Biology society in junior college, even though I was the only one in it who wasn't studying anything to do with biology in my classes.

7. I love learning new things.
Given a choice in a dream world (without having to worry about money, funds, assignments, exams, or results... haha keep dreaming), I could happily spend the rest of my life as a student.

8. I can raise my right eyebrow and left eyebrow separately, one at a time.

9. After helping a friend to look after her pet carpet python, I've been wanting to keep my own pet python or iguana.
Unfortunately, the people I live with don't really seem to share the same enthusiasm ;) As Karen says, 'If the snake comes in, you're moving out'. Haha.

10. Beware if you have a soft-drink cup with a plastic cover anywhere near me. If there are knobs/tabs/buttons on the cover that can be pressed, I will reach over and press them :)
As you can guess, I also love bubble-wrap, heh.


Reminds me of a quote from Garfield :
'I'm normal. It's the rest of the world that is weird '

:)

4 Comments:

Blogger GraceL said...

And the other 5 things are :

11. In primary school, I once took an alarm clock apart, and had no idea how to put it back together again. Had to end up buying a new one :)

12. When I was 6 years old, I set up and decorated a 6-foot Christmas tree on my own.
Everyone else was at a concert rehearsal, which I couldn't go for, because I was suffering from very bad mumps.
So out of sheer boredom, I tried setting it up, and did it!

13. If deprived of food, I can get grouchy... but if deprived of sleep, I can grow claws and fangs :)

14. I've been a TV addict most of my life, but have never been a fan of any TV actors/actresses, nor had any TV idols.
The TV personalities I've come closest to admiring aren't even actors... they're David Attenborough and David Suzuki (both documentary presenters, and both named David :)

15. In kindergarten, I knocked over a microphone stand when I was performing in a concert, and then proceeded to give the wrong speech (the opening speech instead of the closing speech).
Extreme embarrassment for a poor kindergarten kid...
And now, I wonder why I get so nervous when standing in front of a crowd of people... ;)


What are your quirks? :)

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember that poor clock! it was on your shelves for the longest time.

then i was wondering why i had no recollection of you having mumps then i realised ... i wasnt born yet.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! can't believe u actually wrote what I tagged u. hehe.
By the way i'm teaching Lego Robotics now, so it's good that u learnt it back then :)

10:46 AM  
Blogger GraceL said...

I tag:
Anyone who reads this, and who wants to write it as well :)

The person who tag you is?
Eli L

What relationship of you with him/her?
We're friends

5 impressions towards him/her?
She is warm, open, easy to talk to, dedicated, and fun-loving.

The most memorable thing that he/she has done to you?
She shared free movie passes with me to Little Miss Sunshine. The movie and friendship shared that night were great :)

The most memorable word that he/she has said to you?
I think it would have been our conversations that were memorable, not merely one word.

If he/she becomes your lover, will you?
Errr... I do admire some females, but not quite to that extreme ;)

If he/she becomes your enemy, will you?
Hope that never happens, because I treasure our friendship too much.

He/she has to improve on?
She has so much potential... should keep exploring, and try not to settle for being less than what she was created to be :)

The most desirable thing to do for him/her is?
Hug her when I see her.
Otherwise, chat with her since she's interstate... Eli, keep your phone on! Heh

How do you think people around you will feel about you?
Hopefully that I'm someone they can feel comfortable talking/sharing with.

The character for you like for yourself is?
Sounds like a 'model answer', but really... the fruits of the spirit :)
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

On the contrary, the character you hate of yourself is?
I'm not a good person to ask about making decisions, because I will discuss things from different points of views, or the pros and cons for different possibilities, but often not give a definite answer :P
So, don't ask me whether you should buy the red dress or green skirt, because I'll give you the good and bad points of both, but you'll still need to decide in the end anyway. Haha.

For the person who cares and likes you, say something about them.
For all the family, friends, people who care... thank you, I am so blessed to have you all in my life :)

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home