Friday, May 08, 2009

Injecting Life



Not exactly the most aesthetic of pictures... :)

I had an injection with a dose of the influenza vaccine. Although it wasn't a vaccine against the H1N1 'Swine Flu' virus, the vaccine was supposed to dampen the severity if I did catch it, and would provide better immunity against other strains of influenza.

Thus, I finally went to visit 'Doc', an old friend, whom I hadn't seen for almost 7 years. After the injection, we chatted and caught up a bit, had a few good laughs, and talked about his collection of figurines. However, all too soon, we knew it was time for him to tend to other patients.

"It's been so many years... Well, hope to see you again." he said, with a smile on his face.

"Yeah," I said sincerely, missing our longer chats in the past, "but hopefully not in here, haha."

"Yes, that's right!" and both of us laughed, as I opened the door and stepped out of his clinic.

The injection site on my arm is still a little sore, but I guess the opportunity to catch up with an old friend made it worthwhile :)

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home