Sunday, December 17, 2006

Post-Convy update

It's been a week since we drove back from Convention and AGM, and yes, an update is long overdue :) The past few weeks have been busy, trying to catch up with friends, as well as finishing up as much work as possible before I fly home on Thursday.

Convention was held in Victoria, and had a good time catching up with friends whom I hadn't seen for a year, as well as finally matching faces to the names of people I'd been emailing over the past few months. Was blessed with a warm and friendly camp group, and enjoyed late-night chats with very sweet bunkmates :) And I learned much, not only through the sermons and studies, but more through the realisation of many things throughout those few days.

The final few days of Convention and AGM were a bit of a blur, though. Head was quite fogged and heavy, due to a bad cold (coupled with a lack of sleep :) and was rather out-of-sorts as a result. Made so many blunders along the way... thankfully, everyone was patient and forgiving :P But perhaps it was in that time of my insufficiency that I was reminded to lean on His sufficiency and grace to help me through.

Our return trip from Melbourne was even more of a hazy memory... (quite literally, actually :) Visibility was apparently 50 m when we started driving back, due to smoke from fires around Victoria. Janice was feeling rather nauseous and slept most of the journey back. I sat next to a pile of equipment and baggage, and remembered my heart clenching in sadness each time we drove past a patch of land that had been charred black.

Thankfully, we arrived safely in Adelaide 9 hours later, and survived the barrage of corny/lame jokes that Dennis had exchanged with Neil a few nights before (they became very good friends after that :) Went to bed and concussed almost immediately after showering, and it felt so good to finally sleep continuously till noon the next day :)

Unfortunately, I have no photos from those few days (no memory card...gah!) When asked to describe Convention and AGM, I couldn't (and still can't) find an adjective to do justice to the whole experience. However, I know deep inside that...

God spoke, moved, and convicted... opening my eyes to things I'd never realised before,

He provided and healed... sustaining me although I was ill,

He showed forgiveness and grace... in spite of the many blunders I made,

He showed His love... through friends and campers there,

And He showed truth... an unchanging truth, of an undying love.




7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello hello HELLO.

hello grace...

got your message...

miss ya lots... i'll always remember the first few that i met in adelaide when i just came. oops! not to reveal age...

it'd be nice to be in adelaide.

keep on in faith in the ministry that God has called and put you each of us in...

have a blessed Christmas!

musical went well, and also had its bloopers.. hahaha...

10:27 PM  
Blogger Dissociated Mind said...

but but... I didn't get your sms at all!

10:12 PM  
Blogger GraceL said...

William,
Yeah, it's been a long journey, but hopefully one that's been well-travelled :)

Glad to hear that the musical went well. In a way, that reminds me of enite last year :)

Keep shining for God wherever He leads you...

10:56 PM  
Blogger GraceL said...

Jenn,
Good thing you received the latest message... it was good catching up with you over gelato yesterday :)

Have a safe trip home, and an enjoyable Christmas with your family and friends!

10:58 PM  
Blogger eli said...

Hey Grace!! HOw are you??

Just to update u, i've changed my blogsite URL. to

http://elilaw85.blogspot.com

Hehehe, hope u update my link :P

9:34 PM  
Blogger Dissociated Mind said...

Yeah! It was! I almost said "we should do it more often!" *Sigh*

Have a great year ahead!

10:38 AM  
Blogger GraceL said...

Eli,

Yup, link updated! Heh.
How do you change domain names?

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home