Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Finished TA-ing for this Year

It's Swot Vac (study week), and suddenly, the hallways and tutorial rooms are filled... not with chatter or scurrying students, but with something different : a still sort of silence.

Practical classes have ended, and I've finished all my TA teaching and marking for the year (yes! no more marking! :) Came across an amusing answer in one of the final 1st year Biology prac reports :


Qn : How would you determine if a blood sample is compatible to transfuse from one individual to another in an emergency situation, if blood typing serum is not available?

Student's answer : You get blood from both people and mix it (in a container, not in the person!), and see if the blood agglutinates (clumps).

I paused, grinned, and gave him the mark :)


Last week, after the final prac, one of the students came over and gave me a huge bear-hug (she's taller than me) Which then turned into several bear-hugs from the other girls around me :)

I'm going to miss demonstrating for the prac classes. *Wistful sigh*

But at least it means I don't have anymore marking for the rest of the year (Yes! :)

And I can now concentrate fully on completing my experiments for this year...

before I go home :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO JIE. just thought i'd create a little mess here so you remember you're coming home soon to CHANGI AIRPORT STAFF CANTEEN MUAHCHEEE. ooo i can jsut hear you scurrying all the way back alr (:

4:55 PM  
Blogger GraceL said...

Jer,

Gaaahhh... cham, tonight cannot sleep again, I'll be thinking of the MuahChee...

And You :)

Can't wait to get home! :)

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEY! Bio rocks! But not when my demonstrator is a perfectionist.. :(

GOOD LUCK WITH UR EXPERIMENT! :D And my exams! *shameless* Haha.

11:33 AM  
Blogger GraceL said...

Ehon, yeah, jia(1) you(2) for your exams!

It's good to have perfectionist demonstrators sometimes, gets you prepared for full lab reports later in the degree... and I think my students probably complain about my marking too... ;) By the way, who's your demonstrator?

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home