Thursday, May 12, 2005

Oh NO!!

Got all my gene-sequencing data and ran an analysis of my products.

Turns out that I've isolated and cloned the wrong gene...

2 + months of hard work, the lack of sleep,

The late nights and weekends in the lab...

All the reagents and money wasted...

And the fish I had to murder...

For a set of useless results...

For nothing...

ARGH!!
ARGH!!!!

Now all I wanna do is go home and sleep it off... *sniff* :(

I'll probably feel better when I wake up...

And hope that my supervisor doesn't kill me when I have my meeting with her tomorrow...

On the positive side, I now know some things to avoid in my experiments. Let's hope she sees it that way too...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, used a 'new and improved' super-sensitive DNA polymerase that apparently amplified something else... Primer was okay.
And my supervisor didn't kill me *phew*, just have to start from scratch all over again...

12:12 PM  
Blogger SM said...

Whoa, what DNA pol is that, I must avoid it *pat pats Grace* better luck with the next round.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home