Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mothers Day

Our church always does something special for all the mothers on mothers day. I found it rather amusing (and adorable) to see some of my friends standing at the doorways today, dressed in semi-formal wear, handing out flowers and chocolates to all the mothers as they entered the service hall. It was really sweet (pun... :) of them.

Speaking of mothers, something amusing happened last week, when some friends and I went to visit another church. Three of my friends were teachers from Singapore, who had come over to Flinders for a degree in Education (and I was actually the youngest in the group :) After the service, when we were mixing around in the church foyer, another friend of mine from Adelaide Uni came up, chatted with us, and asked one of them if she was my mother. The poor girl was quite surprised, and while we all had a good laugh over it, she joked, "I don't look that old, do I?" :)

It's also not the first time such a thing has happened. Last year, one of my neighbours asked another older friend of mine whether she was my mother. Her response was quite similar : "Do I look that old?!" :)

Yes, when it comes to certain questions...one word... SUBTLETY (oh, the irony... :) But I digress...

~~~
This Sunday is a recognition, celebration and commemoration of that special lady in all our lives.
Mum, you're my one and only... my dear, and beloved mother. I love you, respect you, and honour you. Words cannot encompass all that you've done for me, and I thank you so much for the lifetime of love you've given me. Although I can't celebrate it with you back home, and it sounds so inadequate here, ...

I love you Mum,
Happy Mothers' Day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home