Friday, February 16, 2007

Belated Birthday Post

It's been almost a week since I celebrated my birthday, and this post is long overdue... sorry, it's been a very busy week :P

How does it feel to be one year older? Well, not much different from yesterday, last week, or last month. Age is just another number to me, which holds little significance (except to tell you that it's been a year since you last celebrated your birthday :)
Maturity, wisdom, and experience aren't always related directly to your age. You think back and wonder if you've grown any wiser... if the past year's experiences have made any impact on you... and whether you've made an impact on anything or anyone.

Honestly, I'm one of those people who would, without a reminder, probably forget my own birthday (heh :P) It would have been the same as any other day, if it hadn't been for the friends and family who celebrated and commemorated it with me. This year, my birthday fell on the same day as the Adelaide 'Symphony Under The Stars' concert, so I had the opportunity to sit in Elder Park with friends, watch the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra perform, and enjoy a free spectacular fireworks display.

The fireworks display was a treat... After all, it isn't something that everyone has the chance to enjoy on their birthday. However, what truly made my day were the birthday greetings, meals, cakes, presents, and the attempted birthday surprises. Those were the things that made me smile, that made the day special and memorable.

Look beyond the gifts, beyond the birthday cakes, beyond the sabotages (of which there were none this year *phew* :) ... and you find a celebration of life, a celebration of friendship, a celebration of love, and a celebration of God's work and blessing in your life.

Thank you, God, for your work in my life, for all my dear family and friends, and for reminding me that I'm very much loved. I am well and truly blessed.


For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
- Psalm 139 : 13 - 14

He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
- Micah 6 : 8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home